Monday, May 3, 2010

what are all the vinyl rip bloggers are on vacation?? im dying over here!

I haven't had an update in a week from my fav blogs. I've turned to soulseek and found some really cool compilations:

va - atomic shockwaves
va - messthetics
va -[[sf+la scene '76-80s)]]
va -homework 101 - us diy (1976-1986)
va - (2007) powerpop to the people vol. 1 (1970-1985)
va - 80s garage
va - homework #1½ us experimental american diy punkwave 75-84
va - the anesthetic's wearing off - vol. 10
va-diy - shake it up - american power pop ii [1978-1980]

something about it, sometimes there's some real song writing in those trash recordings. Also im a sucker for the abundancy of analog synths in the late seventies to mid eighties. A band that appears a few times on these comps, Bay of Pigs, they always use ring modulator on guitar, they have a really cool sound.

also the zambonisoundtracks blogspot is gone but they same guy(Ian)'s got a tumblr account. zamboni.tumblr.com and its just as good only no uploads of whole records. He pointed out this beach boys song, "all I wanna do" pure bliss, cant think of a better beach boys song. and to think its the notorious Mike Love singing!

Ive had a second thought on the new ariel pink record. I love it to death. as an album even. and I hate "albums". All the songs are good. especially the ones I didn't like on the first few listens. I will definitely see Haunted Graffiti when they come to DC this summer. and I will most likely transcend reality.

still waiting on the new DEVO record, I don't even know what to expect.

1 comment: